Friday, April 23, 2010

Excitement!

I just found out that both of my submissions have been juried into the 2010 Bead and Button Show Bead Dreams competition. I'm excited!

The Big Bad-A-Boom necklace features a weighty 8g fine silver chain with seven strands of enamelled lampwork beads from my Bad-A-Boom series. They're strung with freshwater pearls and each strand is topped with a handmade hook, so that the strands can be detached. This way I can wear the necklace with one strand, or five, or all seven, or just the chain alone.


The Flying Pod Vessels are lampworked glass with fine silver collars and wings, and handmade fine silver chains.

2 comments:

FishBulb500 said...

These are absolutely fantastic! I actually shouted "Whoa" when I saw them on LE. Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!

Karen Elmquist said...

Thanks Fishbulb!!