Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hummingbird Day!

We just saw the first hummingbird of the year, checking out the yellow pansies. I envy those of you who see hummingbirds months earlier than we do. They are so tiny and delightful and aware. I've even seen them checking me out through the picture window when I've been working at the dining table.

So is recovering painfully from another dental surgery...same bit of jaw. She's grateful for her surgeon but we wish the problem would resolve. Things are slow paced around here today. I was really pleased to be able to drive us yesterday though. Since I can't drive on the freeway yet the journey took a bit longer than usual, but it was so nice not to have to arrange for a driver.

What a great driving teacher So has been. Next Thursday I start the 4-day classroom portion of my formal driving lessons. I got an email from the course organizers, reminding me to bring lunch money, a pen or a pencil, and that only bottled water was allowed in the classroom. Do you get the feeling that possibly I may be a little more chronologically challenged than some of the class participants?

1 comment:

Cristina Leonard said...

But you are young of spirit, and that's what's important. Good luck with class and I hope your So feels better soon!