Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Loot

Some of my beautiful treasures from the Bead and Button Show.
A stunning rainbow bead from the incredibly talented J.C. Herrell:
A pendant in fine silver set with an opal by Anne Mitchell. You can just see the delicate green shimmer in the opal, it's very subtle.
A lepidolite cabochon from Gary Wilson Stones. I'd like to make this into a ring for myself, but am a bit concerned that it may be too soft (being only a 2.5-3 on the Mohs scale), so it might end up as a pendant.
An exquisite bead by Terri Caspary Schmidt. The precision is fantastic.
A hollow blown bead by Jari Sheese, who taught the button making class I took.
The most wonderful ring by Cris Leonard. I adore this!
And a pendant made especially for me by Cris Leonard. This means so much to me. I am wearing it right now!
Playful pieces by Stacey Levine Peterson :
Magical vessel beads by Kate Fowle Melaney:
This is the little piece I made in the enamelling class I took:

2 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

I'm glad that you like your pieces. The Maple pendants really were inspired by you.
You picked up some really nice things at the show!

Christina J. said...

I love to see what people brought home from Bead & Button. You found some really great things!