Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Wish Bottles

Today I spent some time playing with glitter and glue, and made fourteen Christmas Wish bottles. I had been given a box of antique bottles, old patent medicine and other bottles in interesting shapes, dug from the ground, and I've been itching to do something crafty with them. I got out my box of antique postcards, a shaker jar of tarnished silver German glass glitter from an auction sale, old silver lametta tinsel and some Victorian faded red chenille cord. Glazed paper holly leaves and berries, check! Finally some WONDERFUL antique key woodcuts from theporkchopshow on etsy, and some vintage green crystal rosemontes.





What do you put in a Christmas wish bottle? Well, wishes, of course, or letters to Santa? A sprig of pine, a peppermint stick, snow? Icicles! Whatever your heart desires.