Saturday, November 20, 2010

Stinky

I was telling Cris yesterday about the really neat little bug who seems to be happily wintering on the geraniums, a meek and inoffensive sort of fellow, no annoying flying about the head or bumping into the lamps, sort of shield shaped and brown, and she said, "Hmmmmn, that sounds like a stinkbug". I didn't even know there was such a thing as a stinkbug, but that is in fact what it is, and not just any kind of stinkbug but possibly a brown marmorated stinkbug.
Apparently they can do their stinky thing when disturbed or even jostled, but so far it hasn't, and yes, it's alive, it moves it antennae, and has been observed enjoying a change of scenery on the curtains. I am a tiny bit concerned as I don't really want an entire stinky family establishing itself in here, we are plenty stinky enough already. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Cristina Leonard said...

I'm afraid that that stinky boy would be taking his chances outside if he were in my house!